Complaints Procedure

Our Complaints Policy

HB 121 Solicitors are committed to providing a high-quality legal service to all our clients. When something goes wrong, we need you to tell us about it. This will help us to improve our standards.

Our Complaints Procedure

If you have a complaint please contact Mr Nicholas Hughes, who is the person responsible for dealing with client care issues. You can contact him by post at 7 Church Street, Kidderminster, Worcestershire DY10 2AD.

What will happen next?

  • We will send you a letter or email acknowledging receipt of your complaint within five working days of us receiving the complaint, enclosing a copy of this procedure.
  • We will then investigate your complaint. This will normally involve reviewing your file and speaking to the member of staff who acted for you. If your complaint relates to a matter where the file has been closed, we may need to obtain your file from our archive storage facility, which may take 1 - 2 working days.
  • The appropriate Director will send you a detailed reply to your complaint, including suggestions for resolving the matter, within 15 working days of sending you the acknowledgement letter.
  • At this stage, if you are still not satisfied, you should contact us again and we will arrange for a Director who has not had any dealings with your matter to review the initial decision.
  • We will write to you within 10 working days of receiving your request for a review, confirming our final position on your complaint and explaining our reasons.
  • If you are still not satisfied, you can contact the Legal Ombudsman (LeO) at the Office for Legal Complaints on 0300 555 0333, or by writing to:
    PO Box 6806, Wolverhampton, WV1 9WJ

The LeO will not normally deal with complaints unless our complaints procedure has been exhausted and allows us to do this within eight weeks. The LeO can investigate complaint s up to six years from the date of the problem happening or within three years of when you found out about the problem. If you wish to refer your complaint to the LeO this should be done within six months of the date of our last communication with you. (Please note the LeO will not handle complaints from large businesses (see the LeO website

Objecting to our bill(s)

You may have the right to object to our bill by applying to the court for an assessment of the bill under Part Ill of the Solicitors Act 1974.

Non-payment of our bill(s)

You should be aware that the firm may be entitled to charge interest if all or part of our bill(s) remains unpaid.

If we have to change any of the timescales above, we will let you know and explain why.

We offer legal services related to Property Litigation & Conveyancing, Civil Litigation, Wills and Probate, Family law and divorce